Your instruments are important to you. You use them every single day on the job.
Even though instruments are strong and sturdy to do their job and withstand the repeated sterilization process, they are still very fragile and can cost you unnecessary money if they are not handled properly.
Here are five quick tips to help ensure that your instruments stay in top shape and are ready to perform at the best of their abilities:
- Always carefully inspect instruments for cracks, pitting and alignment issues, before placing them back into service.
- Be sure to keep all box locks and ratchets in an open position, during autoclaving and the sterilization process.
- Remember to lubricate all moving parts with Spectra-Lube every time the instruments are reprocessed.
- Protect small/micro and delicate instruments by placing them in a tray lined with a silicone mat.
- Use tip protectors to protect sharp edges and delicate points on instruments, such as osteotomes, gauges and chisels.
We hope these tips are very useful to you and your practice. If you have any further questions about proper care and handling, maintenance and repair, or our reprocessing products, feel free to reach out to one of our Customer Care Representatives at 1-844-540-9810.